October 31, 2007
Well you should…..but let's go through the advantages;
- Unbelievable selection. Internet stores typically have hundreds if not thousands of different types and styles. Hundreds more than a typical showroom floor.
- Free Shipping. If you thought that it would be too expensive to ship a bunk bed to anywhere in the world, it doesn't. In fact, it's generally free.
- Satisfaction guarantees. If you're not satisfied with your purchase once it arrives at your home, simply return it.
- No tax. If you're not in the state that online store actually "does business" you don't pay any sales tax. And since we're talking about a reasonably large purchase, this can add up to big savings.
- Payment security. Online transactions have come a long way in recent years as far as security. Online credit card transactions are among the safest forms of payment there is. Having a merchant account ourselves, we can tell you that not even the store can actually see your credit card number, just the bank. Compare that to giving your credit card number over the phone, or handing it to a cashier. You get the idea.
- Reputable dealers. The Better Business Bureau has an online division that recognizes real online dealers so you know who you are giving your money to.
Now what are the disadvantages?
- You are not able to physically put your hands on the product before you buy it
Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? For most people, yes, if you can live with not seeing your bed before you buy it, then online shopping is for you. Plus, even after it arrives and you don't like it, chances are you can return or exchange it for something different.